If you’re in the market for a set of 35×12.50R20 all-terrain tires, you’re likely looking for a tire that can handle a variety of terrains and weather conditions, while still providing reliable performance and durability.
All-terrain tires are designed to handle both on-road and off-road driving, making them a popular choice for truck and SUV owners who want a tire that can withstand everything from daily commuting to off-road adventures.
Whether you’re looking for a tire that can handle mud, rocks, or snow, or you simply want a tire that will provide reliable traction and stability on the road, our list has you covered.
With so many different all-terrain tire options on the market, it can be challenging to determine which one is the best fit for your specific needs. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best 35×12.50R20 all-terrain tires available, based on factors such as performance, durability, and customer reviews.
When discussing the US market there are two distinct categories for all-terrain tires.
The first category includes tires intended for snowy and muddy terrain and which M+S (Mud+Snow) indicators.
The second category includes tires which are created to survive in severe snow conditions and have the 3PMSF (Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake) symbol.
Based on this segmentation we will examine and analyze the top-performing 35×12.50R20 all-terrain tires.
What does M+S Mean On an All-Terrain Tire?
The M+S (Mud and Snow) designation is a symbol that is commonly used on tires to indicate that they are designed to provide improved traction in muddy and snowy conditions. The symbol consists of the letters “M” and “S” inside a stylized mountain and snowflake, and it is usually displayed on the sidewall of the tire.
Tires that are designed for use in muddy and snowy conditions typically have deeper tread blocks and more aggressive tread patterns than standard all-season tires. Such blocks assist in providing a better traction on loose or slippery surfaces, and can help to prevent the tire from becoming bogged down in mud or snow.
It’s important to note that while the M+S designation can be a useful indicator of a tire’s intended use, it does not necessarily guarantee that a tire will perform well in all types of winter weather conditions.
For example, a tire that is designed primarily for mud may not provide as much traction on ice or hard-packed snow as a tire that is specifically designed for use in these conditions.
What Are The Best 35×12.50R20 All-Terrain M+S Tires?
As for the best 35×12.50R20 all-terrain tires with the M+S (mud and snow) indication, here are three options:
- Toyo Open Country A/T III – it is an all-terrain tire that provides excellent traction in wet, dry, and mud and snow conditions. It features a durable tread design that delivers long-lasting performance in any conditions.
- Nitto Ridge Grappler – this tire is a versatile tire that combines the features of an all-terrain tire and a mud-terrain tire. It has a unique tread pattern that provides excellent traction on both wet and dry surfaces while delivering decent performance on snowy and muddy terrains.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 – this tire is designed to provide exceptional traction on both wet and dry roads, as well as in mud and snow. It features an aggressive tread pattern with large, interlocking lugs that improve traction and stability.
What does 3PMSF Mean On an All-Terrain Tire?
The 3PMSF (Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake) symbol is a designation that is used to indicate that a tire meets certain performance standards for use in severe snow conditions. It depicts a mountain with three peaks and a snowflake inside, and it is displayed on the sidewall of the tire.
Tires that earn the 3PMSF symbol are typically designed with special tread patterns and rubber compounds that are optimized for use in snow and ice. These tires often have deeper tread blocks and more sipes (small cuts in the tread blocks) than standard all-season tires, which helps to provide better traction on snow and ice.
The 3PMSF symbol is a useful designation for drivers who live in areas that experience severe winter weather. Tires that have this symbol have been rigorously tested to ensure that they provide reliable traction and handling on snow and ice, making them a good choice for winter driving conditions.
What Are The Best 35×12.50R20 All-Terrain 3PMSF Tires?
As for the best 35×12.50R20 all-terrain tires with the 3PMSF (Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake) indication, here are three options:
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 – this tire is developed for off-road use and in winter. The tire features a unique tread pattern that provides excellent traction on mud, rocks, and other challenging terrain.
- Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac – this tire is created for extreme off-road conditions, including snow and ice. It features a unique tread pattern that provides excellent traction and stability on all types of terrain.
- Michelin LTX A/T2 – this tire is designed for light trucks and SUVs, and provides excellent performance in both on-road and off-road conditions, including snow and ice. Thanks to a durable construction and a tread pattern the tire provides excellent traction and stability.
What Pay Attention to When Choosing All-Terrain Tires?
Searching for the best all-terrain tires may turn into a quest, because with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to select the right ones for your vehicle. To ease you a process of choosing the best all-terrain tires we have selected the most important factors , so you can understand whether these or that tires fit your preferences.
The design of the tread pattern is crucial for all-terrain tires as it determines the tire’s grip and traction on different surfaces. It is advised to search for tires with a more aggressive tread design that can handle various terrains such as mud, snow, and rocks, providing maximum grip and stability.
All-terrain tires need to be reliable enough to withstand the rugged terrain they’ll be exposed to. Pay attention to tires that have a strong and robust sidewall construction that can resist punctures, cuts, and impact damage. Additionally, look for a long-lasting tread life that can handle high mileage without wearing out quickly.
Size and Fitment
It’s essential to select the right size and fitment for your vehicle when choosing all-terrain tires. Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the recommended tire size and make sure the new tires you select have the same or similar specifications. Improper tire size and fitment can affect your vehicle’s performance, handling, and safety.
To Sum Up
When it comes to selection of the best 35×12.50R20 All-Terrain tires, take into account the area tires are to meet.
All-Terrain tires for mud and snow are indicated with the M+S symbol, while tires intended for severe snow conditions have the 3PMSF symbol.
Additionally, tread pattern, durability, size and fitment of the tire should fit your preferences.